Do new apple retail stores carry older iphones?

Reaction score
So I have an older non-3g iphone and I wanted to take it to an apple retail store to get it replaced under warranty.
I stay in the middle of 2 different apple stores (Carlsbad CA & Escondido CA) that both recently opened after the 3g iphone came out.
My question is if I take it to either of these stores, will they have the older refurb iphones in stock to replace my unit on the spot, or will I have to wait to get it in the mail.
Or should I just go an extra 30 miles to a different apple store thats been around for awhile and get it there.

I really dont want to wait for my phone in the mail, much rather have it right then. Anyone have any experience that could help answer my question. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I believe you will have to get a replacement via mail, though you could always call up the stores to double check.

Also, you're not really going to be without a phone, Apple sends out a loaner while they take a look at yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.