Super Talent Ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Hello, I will be upgrading my ram on my MacBook to 4gb soon and was thinking on buying Super Talent.. Are they any good compared to Kingston or Corsair memories?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Sounds super shiiiity

That's not a very nice thing to say. >_<"

I think you will be alright with Super Talent. They make pretty decent SSD. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
cannot see a problem, a quick search throws up some good rep on that company and they have an Apple sales section on their website

OP
ChrisMBP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds super shiiiity

Nice nick, it suits you pretty good :)

That's not a very nice thing to say. >_<"

I think you will be alright with Super Talent. They make pretty decent SSD. ^-^"

Thanks :) Been reading some articles on them and even tho I agree the name is kinda lame they seem to be good quality.

cannot see a problem, a quick search throws up some good rep on that company and they have an Apple sales section on their website

That's awesome, thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hello, I will be upgrading my ram on my MacBook to 4gb soon and was thinking on buying Super Talent.. Are they any good compared to Kingston or Corsair memories?

I have seen some excellent reviews. I would check New Egg on the exact ram and read the user comments. If there are a lot of comments you can get a pretty good idea if the ram has issues or not. I used to always purchase Corsair but had a bad stick and since have been going with Kingston and not one issue so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
SuperTalent makes some solid products. If you can get a good price on its products, I would say go for it. I personally buy G.Skill because it tends to be the cheapest while offering great performance and longevity :D

OP
ChrisMBP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have seen some excellent reviews. I would check New Egg on the exact ram and read the user comments. If there are a lot of comments you can get a pretty good idea if the ram has issues or not. I used to always purchase Corsair but had a bad stick and since have been going with Kingston and not one issue so far.

Yeah, I for one know that kingstons are good. Been using them on my desktop and old notebook without any problems :) But I noticed Super Talents are kidna less expensive so.. What can I say :p I'm cheap.

I'll give New Egg a read, thanks ! :)

SuperTalent makes some solid products. If you can get a good price on its products, I would say go for it. I personally buy G.Skill because it tends to be the cheapest while offering great performance and longevity :D

Well, they're selling Super Talents for $42 the 2gb stick. Don't know if that's a good price or not but it's been the cheapest i've seen so far. Don't think i've seen G.SKills for sale on any of the stores i've visited so I guess i'll got for the Super Talent ones :)

Thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well you really can't go wrong with RAM especially since most of them have life time warranties.

I have a pair of 2GB Hyper X in my MacBook from Kingston. Best 80 bucks I ever spent. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well, they're selling Super Talents for $42 the 2gb stick. Don't know if that's a good price or not but it's been the cheapest i've seen so far. Don't think i've seen G.SKills for sale on any of the stores i've visited so I guess i'll got for the Super Talent ones :)

Thanks

$42 isn't bad. Newegg has 2GB sticks from Kingston ($30), Corsair ($30), Geil ($34), G.Skill ($35), and more, but with shipping at like $5 - $7, you might as well just buy it at the store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.