backing up an OS9 HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
Hey all,

I've got this 12 gig drive with os 9.2.2 installed that takes up about 3 gigs with OS and files and apps, etc. I'd like to transfer everything in onto an old 4 gig drive that I have so I can give the completely empty 12 gig to my darling wife and put it into her powerbook G3. I'd like the 4 gig drive to be bootable.

What software can I use to back this thing up as described above?

I've got plenty of equipment to do the transfer, like IDE adapter cables and such. I'm even open to the idea of immortalizing the old drive onto a 4.5 gig DVD-ROM. Any and all help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If it is an OS9 HD then a simple finder copy will be fine

you could use super duper if you wish to clone the contents, but if the machine is running OS9, then stick to a straight copy

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.2Ghz and 2 G4 550Mhz Pismos
Thanks for the quick reply, louishen.

How do I go about making a finder copy?

And I do have superduper on my macbook. Can I clone the HDD from one drive to another with my macbook running Leopard as a go-between? I suppose I could launch it and see what info I get from the help window, but if anyone has experience with this, advice would be appreciated. I was a little worried about trying superduper because it's written for OSX and I wasn't sure how it would do at duping OS 9 drives. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.