Starcraft

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 200GB Hard Drive, Leopard
Hi i want to be able to play starcraft without having to have the cd with me at all times and i wonder how could i do that? could i use disk utility and make an cd image or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Blizzard removed the need for a cd in the bay with the last patch.

OP
Kaze'aze
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 200GB Hard Drive, Leopard
woahhh fo real? but even so it still says i have to insert the cd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
woahhh fo real? but even so it still says i have to insert the cd

Then you don't have the latest patch. Unless you did some sort of "minimal" install that requires data to be read from the cd rather than the drive. I don't remember if Starcraft had that option or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
to play without the cd (with the latest patch) you have to copy the "starcraft archive" off the disc and into your starcraft files foler in apps.

Reaction score
I can't even get starcraft to play. I used the native installer but it wont work. What do I have to do?

Reaction score
Dual Monitors for Starcraft

i have Starcraft on my MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and I run a second monitor alongside it. I am wanting to run starcraft on the monitor and have the laptop just be the normal goings-on of the computer, however, when i play the game on the monitor, my laptop screen just goes black.

anybody have any idea on how to make that happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Just make sure you have everything from the SC CD installed. Yake a look at the CD and copy over anything you don't see in your SC folder on your HD. That usually fixes this kind of issue.

And to skcuf:

To install Statcraft you need the OS X installer. Because the game came out before OS X existed. So you need to download the OS X installer. Only one catch. Blizzard does not supply the OS X installer on it's own anymore. So only ways you can get it are from someone else who already has it. Or throw in your SC serial number to Blizzard and download the entire SC (for free) to get the OS X installer.

Kind of pointless I know blizzard not having the installer to install alone on it's website anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.