can i recover deleted photos ?

Reaction score
I was erasing some random files and then i emptied the recycle bin. The next day when i opened iphoto, it was empty!

I´m new using mac and usually save pictures directly from my camera to the iphoto library.

When i realized that there where no pictures in the library i thougt that they could be somewhere in my hard drive, but i looked for all the images using finder and didnt find any.

All these data recovery software for mac seem so complicated and i idont know what to do.

I want to recover my photos and i need some help through the process.

Please help me!!

Thanks!!!!!

Reaction score
if not look under the iphoto preferences and see where / what folder photos are saved to and then go to that folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Vicky, if you are using OS X 10.4 or 10.5, use Spotlight to search for '.jpg', without the quotes. That may lead you to a location for the files.

A search came up with this, but I didn't follow up for any reviews.

Keep in mind that the more you use your system, the less you will successfully recover.

This is also your personal lesson to backup.

Reaction score
Tell me about it.. I erased 1TB of HD movies 5 months ago after 6months of Netflix ripping..making the switch to Time Machines.. I almost cried.. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.