Possible to customize dock stacks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
On the Documents icon on my dock, when I click on it to open up the "stack" it's all in some pre-arranged order. Is there a way to move those files/folders around so I can put the ones I use more often in the Documents stack? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
yer if u right click on the stack the options is at the top

if u only want some files u can always make a folder with the things u want in it just for your stack

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Yeah, I see what you mean but you can only adjust the settings to like "Name, Kind, Date Modified, etc." I was looking for a way to go in and move the folders/files manually so I can set the stack to show those specific ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Yeah, I see what you mean but you can only adjust the settings to like "Name, Kind, Date Modified, etc." I was looking for a way to go in and move the folders/files manually so I can set the stack to show those specific ones.
Yea.

Currently there is no way to adjust the arrangement of documents in a stack besides by "Name, Kind, etc."
Would be nice though....

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
What about just making a new stack if we can't customize the one already there? Can I just drag and drop a folder to that area? Why am I asking this and just not trying it?!...

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
YEP! That works for me, I just dragged one of the folders in my Documents that I use a lot to the Dock and BAM! Got a new folder to Stack!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.