Sirius Question.

Reaction score
Well 4 me. I was thinking of bringing my mac back to its factory state, is it possible? I have the install cds that came with it. If there is a way, what are the dangers of doing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Hmm... I did that by accident when I first bought my mac. I went through the setup, and then popped the disk in. Didn't go so good. After a while, though, I got my new Mac back. By "back to factory state" do you mean, none of your files, accounts-anything will be there? I'm not sure if that's a great idea. And one more question... why would you want to do this?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hmm... I did that by accident when I first bought my mac. I went through the setup, and then popped the disk in. Didn't go so good. After a while, though, I got my new Mac back. By "back to factory state" do you mean, none of your files, accounts-anything will be there? I'm not sure if that's a great idea. And one more question... why would you want to do this?
I mean, i want it to be the way when i first turned it on. Because i feel like its not running as smooth as it was at fist. What happened when u installed the disks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yes you can do that. Pop in your install disk and restart holding down the C key. It should boot from the disk and you can do it from there.

It's not going to make bad things happen. You'll lose everything on the hard drive, but you're expecting that.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes you can do that. Pop in your install disk and restart holding down the C key. It should boot from the disk and you can do it from there.

It's not going to make bad things happen. You'll lose everything on the hard drive, but you're expecting that.
Ye i just didi that, it deleted what was on the had drive and reinstalled mac os x from the start. Thnx for the info, just hoping it wont come back to bite me in da ***.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.