Forgive me, Father

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 14", M2 Pro, 32GB RAM
For I have sinned...or switched.

New iMac owner here, coming from nearly 20 years of PC-only experience. I've had just about enough of Windows and all the associated baggage, though I'll still be forced to run it occasionally for a few apps. The rest of the family is still on PCs, for now. Thunderbird and Firefox are making the switch less painful for me by providing a familiar look and feel.

One thing I must replace is the Apple mouse...it's driving me insane. Plus, I need to do some research on enabling some keyboard shortcuts (e.g., CTRL-C, CTRL-V, CTRL-arrow, etc.).

Lots to learn.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
A lot of your keyboard shortcuts are the same - but use the Command (Apple) key (the one between alt+space bar) instead of Ctrl - cut and paste are Cmd+C and Cmd+V for example.

I hate the Apple mouse too! Lol. Miss the old ones.

Welcome to the world of Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yep, after a while though I've found I hate hitting ctrl instead of cmd on windows and linux systems :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
and ctrl arrow has the function of changing spaces.

links like command tab work as well. So all your key board combinations still work, they just work a little differently now.

Reaction score
rather than asking for forgiveness we tend to think of it as "coming into the light."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You've been living a life of sin up till now, so technically, a confession (switching) is just what you need ;P

Reaction score
switching to a mac was not an act of sin, it was the will of God....

On the real though, I am impressed by mac' s performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
if your mouse is constantly activating expose, then go to the keyboard and mouse preferences and de=activate the side buttons and activate the right button to secondary

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Things are much better now...dumped the horrible MM and got a Logitech 620 cordless. Tiny 2.4 USB dongle that just barely pokes out past the keyboard edge.

Going to set up Fusion and XP in the next few days.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Try Virtualbox instead of fusion first as it is free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st Generation Mac Pro beefed up to the max at every level.
believe me, just use that mighty mouse for a few weeks. Rough it out and you will find that mouse is the best thing since sliced bread. It just takes some time. There are many settings in system preferences for the mighty mouse. You have your keyboard and mouse icon where you can change many things such as assign whatever button you want to a certain task. Then if you can't seem to get that scroll speed up fast enough in there, at the bottom of system preferences is universal access. click on that and there will be four tabs on top, the mouse tab is the last one, there you will have more options to speed up the mighty mouse. Make sure your mouse keys at the top are turned off. Hope this helps, e-mail me if you need further assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Try Virtualbox instead of fusion first as it is free.

Sorry for the OT question but how is VB compared to fusion in terms of speed and memory hogging?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I had to run windows software for a class I was taking and VB is just as good as fusion.... but its free! The one downside is when I was using VB it was still in Beta, there were minor glitches but nothing major.

Reaction score
believe me, just use that mighty mouse for a few weeks. Rough it out and you will find that mouse is the best thing since sliced bread. It just takes some time. There are many settings in system preferences for the mighty mouse. You have your keyboard and mouse icon where you can change many things such as assign whatever button you want to a certain task. Then if you can't seem to get that scroll speed up fast enough in there, at the bottom of system preferences is universal access. click on that and there will be four tabs on top, the mouse tab is the last one, there you will have more options to speed up the mighty mouse. Make sure your mouse keys at the top are turned off. Hope this helps, e-mail me if you need further assistance.

This is almost sounding like disinformation, the mighty mouse is not the only mouse that is highly customizable.

I like Apple stuff, but come on, there are other great companies out there. Logitech is certainly one of the best mouse makers in the world, in my opinion.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
believe me, just use that mighty mouse for a few weeks. Rough it out and you will find that mouse is the best thing since sliced bread. It just takes some time.
It's too small to begin with, plus the side buttons are directly opposite one another (difficult engage just one or the other). No need to bother with it since the Logitech meets all my requirements.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
This is almost sounding like disinformation, the mighty mouse is not the only mouse that is highly customizable.
If anything, it's less customizable than most third-party mice, but it does have the advantage of not requiring additional software to do so.

the side buttons are directly opposite one another (difficult engage just one or the other)

The side squeeze buttons are meant to be used together as a single function. They can't be activated separately.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The side squeeze buttons are meant to be used together as a single function. They can't be activated separately.
Ah, I missed that. Even more limiting, then. I find the dual thumb buttons on the Logitech to be most useful.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.