Comparing Folders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
I used a utility called ABCommander in Windows that let me compare two folders (and I could synchronise them if I chose). I don't care so much about the latter feature, though it would be nice, but I still need to compare folder contents a lot. I can't figure out how to do it in Finder. Is there a way? If not, can anyone recommend a mac program to do it? Free or paid, irrelevant. I have googled and found iNexus Compare Folders but wonder if anyone has it and has anything to say about it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4GHz 320GB 4GB Ram ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
Thanks, Chris

I think it is way more powerful and complex than I need but it sure looks like a dynamite piece of software. If I have to buy, the $29 iNexus is looking far more likely than the $129 Araxis :)

I am fooling with iNexus right now (they have a very limited trial download) and it isn't even close to ABCommander but it may have enough functionality to make it worth it.

Funny how neither Windows nor Mac has this ability as part of the OS. I would think it was something just about everybody wanted to do on a fairly regular basis. I am probably egocentric.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.