Problems with 10.5.5 update

Reaction score
Anyone else having any problems after this update?
I really want to keep the OS up to date for the security reasons, but when I install this one, I get terrible problems with iCal. I NEED iCal, it's important. Why would the update delete my calendars?
If anyone else is missing out this update, does it matter if we wait for the next one?
This is most unlike Apple to break something!! Or is it?

N

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Most folks have updated to 10.5.5 without any difficulty at all. Others have reported problems. I had a problem with it hanging on the second boot after the update, and it broke my hurricane tracking program. Since I had made a backup prior to the update I just reverted back to 10.5.4.

As far as waiting for 10.5.6 to be published that's OK as long as you are aware that you'll have to download the cumulative update instead.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
I can (just about) accept the cumulative update and the fact I might be missing out on some security issues, for a while. What I won't like, is if and when I go to 10.5.6, that there is still an issue with the iCal program, or other problems they might introduce.
Do apple know about these user problems? I could probably accept this situation if the program I have a problem with was third party, but it's Apple's own program!

N

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I have had problems with the 10.5.5 update to. Somehow the spotlight index was all screwed up and the Time Machine wasnt backing up. The Finder was all screwy, thank god i fixed those issues so now everything is back running smoothly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.