upgrade os x 10.3.9

Reaction score
I just got a g4 w/10.3.9 Yeah I know its old, but I got it for free, and I like it. My question is, can I update the version of OS X? I need to upgrade my browser, and I cant without upgrading my OS X. This old safari keeps quiting on me, please help!

OP
J
Reaction score
I just got a g4 w/10.3.9 Yeah I know its old, but I got it for free, and I like it. My question is, can I update the version of OS X? I need to upgrade my browser, and I cant without upgrading my OS X. This old safari keeps quiting on me, please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You can upgrade to Tiger OS X.4 and then by soctware updates to OSX.4.11 including later Safari versions. You do not state the memory of the machine, if necessary upgrade to at least 1GB.

You will need OS X.4 full retail install DVD/CD's if the machine has no DVD ROM and do not buy grey coloured discs as they must be black.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
to know if you can upgrade, you need to know the specifications of the computer. click the apple at the top, and then "about this mac". tiger (10.4) can install on a g4 with at least 256mb of ram. leopard (10.5) requires a g4 processor of at least 867mhz, and 512mb of ram.

Reaction score
Please only post once for every problem.

We know you're just looking for an answer, but so is everyone else. Someone will eventually get to your problem, you just have to be patient.

There are a lot of people on this forum, both looking for help and providing it, so please try to keep it as uncluttered as possible.

Reaction score
To get to your actual issue, you can easily upgrade to 10.4 Tiger, and I'm sure most of us would recommend it. This would require you to purchase a copy of the operating system.

If you'd rather keep your current version of OS X, you might try Camino, of which the latest version supports 10.3.9. Camino is powerful, stylish, and very useful, while still maintaining a moderately "light" feel.

Again, in the long run I would still recommend upgrading to Tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.