Crysis Warhead

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

I bought Crysis Warhead a few days ago and installed it on my Vista partition. It looks terrible. I put all settings on minimum and the textures look like they would in old arcade games like area 51 and the framerate is very choppy, especially in combat situations.

Does anyone else with a MBP play Crysis? If so, what are you playing at, and how does it run?

BTW, i have the cheapest MBP, the 2.4 ghz one. I have 3gb of RAM, but I read somewhere that the Vista partition only recognized 2gb?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's not that you don't have enough memory, you have plenty - however, it's because your MacBook has an integrated graphics chipset (Intel GMA X3100 with 144 MB VRAM) which does not perform well with graphic intensive games.

BTW, Vista will recognize up to 3.25 GB of memory. (same as OS X)

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. So the short answer is that Crysis can only be played on minimum settings on MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
I have mine set on Mainstream across the board. It runs smooth but still looks kind of like crap. I have a 2.4 ghz Santa Rosa MBP with the same size video card you have. What driver are you running for your graphics card? You might want to go to http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ and get a modded driver for Vista. Thats what I did. I cant remember the one I used and dont feel like rebooting in Windows to look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.4, 2GB DDR,160gb HDD,8600m GT 256
It's not that you don't have enough memory, you have plenty - however, it's because your MacBook has an integrated graphics chipset (Intel GMA X3100 with 144 MB VRAM) which does not perform well with graphic intensive games.

Regards.

hmm... i didn't new that apple producing MBP with intel video card.

i have MBP with 8600m GT video card and crysis running perfect on the medium settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Regards.

Really? I was under the impression that the MBP had a dedicated graphics card, and that that was one of the big differences between it and the MacBook.

Reaction score

Regards.

Macbook Pros do not come with integrated video cards. Vista will also recognize 4GB of RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.