Iphone Ringtone synced, but not showing on iphone!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 200GB
ok, basically i have followed the instruction and got myself some ringtones in the ringtone section on itunes, but after i synced it with my iphone, it's not showing up in the ringtone section on the iphone! any help pls??

thx!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
in iTunes did you click on the Ringtones tab and press sync ringtones

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, it actually said synced completed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
What did you use to make the ringtones? Maybe its possible the the file isnt right so it cant play on the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I've also noticed ringtones over one minute don't sync to my iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ringtones are limited to 40 seconds in length. Anything more and it won't work.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's just normal acc files, and the ringtone is 29 seconds only, my friend followed exactly the same process on his iphone and worked perfectly

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
The only thing i can think of is to make sure your iPhone has the lastest software and make sure that all the Ringtones are checked to be synced. If you have all of those things then im not sure why the ringtones arent on the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
The only thing i can think of is to make sure your iPhone has the lastest software and make sure that all the Ringtones are checked to be synced. If you have all of those things then im not sure why the ringtones arent on the phone.

And the reason Baggs posted above.

Reaction score
I figured it out!!!!

OKAY! You guys will all be happy if you were having the same problem as me. Syncing all the ringtones, but only one, or none show up on your iphone.

YOU HAVE TO delete the AAC version you created in your music library on itunes. Then, go to the ringtones section under your iphone and deselect to sync, then when it's finished select it to sync all ringtones again.

VOILA! you have all of your ringtones.

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand. Is there a folder with the AAC version in my music library? I have only had my iPhone 3 days, so you are saying to delete the AAC version in my music library on iTunes...not on my computer?

Reaction score
I figured it out...so simple.

While you have the iPhone plugged into your computer, go into the Store option at the top and deauthorize your computer and then authorize it again. Re-sync it and it worked. WOOHOO! Happy Thanksgiving.

Reaction score
Deauthorizing, reauthorizing and syncing did it for me.

With iPhone connected to computer:

- In iTunes menu select "Store," then "Deauthorize Computer"

- Then select "Store," then "Authorize Computer"

- A message will pop up saying "X out of X Computers are Authorized" or something to that effect.

- Sync iPhone

- Restart iPhone, go to settings, sounds, ringtones. Purchased ringtone should be on top. Unless you have some other problem...

Reaction score
Deauthorizing, reauthorizing and syncing did it for me.

With iPhone connected to computer:

- In iTunes menu select "Store," then "Deauthorize Computer"

- Then select "Store," then "Authorize Computer"

- A message will pop up saying "X out of X Computers are Authorized" or something to that effect.

- Sync iPhone

- Restart iPhone, go to settings, sounds, ringtones. Purchased ringtone should be on top. Unless you have some other problem...

Had the same problem with my iPhone I got yesterday and Googled the problem. This thread came up top of the list.

I did what you suggested, shoeless, and I now have "Mr Brightside" as my ringtone.

I'm so grateful, I just registered just to say a huge THANK YOU !!!

TG x

Reaction score
I am not sure I understand. Is there a folder with the AAC version in my music library? I have only had my iPhone 3 days, so you are saying to delete the AAC version in my music library on iTunes...not on my computer?

No, you know how you right click, go to 'get info' and change the start and stop time of the song, then you right click and select convert to AAC? Well, after it's converted, and you then drag the file somewhere, or yada yada in order to convert the file to m4r, you go back into itunes, and delete that AAC version it created, it's under the original. Make sure to fix the start and stop time too in the original song. Just go back to start and stop time and type in a 0 and it will put it back to default. ^^

Reaction score
My ringtones are all m4r, listed and checked in itunes yet still not being synchronised with the iP4. I have reset the phone etc and still nada. Getting VERY frustrating as it was working fine till the last update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mid 2010, 2.4 gHZ processor, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive.
For mine, they have to be "m4r" format.

Reaction score
PC sequence for creating ringtones

There is a way to create ringtones on PCs that I found about a year ago just before I got my Macbook Pro. After reading this thread I figured I would add that sequence to this thread too. The PC way may have a few more steps but it is super easy after you've done it once. I can't remember where I patched this sequence together from but it has helped tons of PC-using iPhone-owning friends of mine. I wish I could credit where I found the sequence but it was long enough ago that I have no clue where it was.

1. Start iTunes and find the song you want to convert into a ringtone. (It must be an MP3.
2. Right-click the song and choose "Get Info."
3. Click the "Options" tab.
4. Check the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" boxes, then enter times for each (no more than 30 seconds apart, the maximum length for a ringtone.)
5. Click OK, then right click the song again and choose "Create AAC Version." You should immediately see a new 30-second version of the song.
6. Drag that version out of iTunes and into the folder of your choice.
7. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the start/stop time changes to the original.
8. Open the folder containing the 30-second AAC file that you dragged out of iTunes, then change the file extension from ".m4a" to ".m4r." Double-Click it and it immediately gets added to the iTunes' Ringtone library.

How to turn file extension changing on
(Do this either before doing anything, after creating a folder with your ringtones, or at least before step 6 in the above sequence.)
1. find the folder that you dragged the file into from step 6 above.
2. click the dropdown box that says "organize"
3. Click the option that says "folder options"
4. click on the tab that says "view"
5. un-select the option that says "hide extensions for known file types."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.