Iphone Ringtone synced, but not showing on iphone!!

Reaction score
worked for me too

after two days of bs, you fixed my problem.

thanks so much

Reaction score
Awesome

After two days of BS, 10 forums and ready to throw this stinking iPhone out :), you've fixed my problem.

this iphone is so awesome now.....

Thank you so much

tjay

Reaction score
I'm still having problems...

I created my ringtones using Garageband 5.1, exported the ringtones to iTunes as *.m4r files, where they are automatically placed in the ringtones tab in iTunes, selected and ready to go with no *.AAC files to be deleted.

I've deauthorized and reauthorized my iTunes, restarted my iphone, soft reset my iphone.

Still, no ringtones. Anymore suggestions...anybody???

Reaction score
Forget it....looks like all i had to do was update to the latest iTunes version. Don't know why it was required but oh well

Reaction score
Custom Ringtones Not Showing (Solution)

If your custom ringtones are not showing up, simply do the following:

1. Ensure they are not longer than 40 seconds. If they are, use something (like Fission) to trim them down;

2. Remove all versions EXCEPT the .M4R version from the folder where they are stored;

3. DEselect (uncheck) the "Sync Ringtones" option from within iTunes and then perform a sync. This will remove all of your ringtones; and,

4. REselect (check) the "Sync Ringtones" option in iTunes and perform another sync.

You should be up and running after this point.

I hope this helps.

Thanx,
Fred

Reaction score
3g Iphone cannot sync ringtones with ITunes

This is one of the most common design flaws in the IPhone. After weeks of pouring through thousands of threads and posts a dozen layers deep in google searches, the solution still has not been found. Ringtones cannot be sync'd from Itunes to the Iphone 3g.

Ringtones can be bought, downloaded, and/or created and played in ITunes just fine. We figured out how to create the ringtone folder (the drag-and-drop method), and we figured out how to convert ringtones to M4r format (the desktop-rename-drag-to-ITunes method). They show up in the ringtones folder, and the sync boxes are all faithfully checked. Sync until the cooling fan blows, and you will still have the same old crappy ringtones that came with the IPhone.

The simple joy of adding ringtones to the IPhone is not to be enjoyed by millions of owners. Any owner of Blackberry, Nokia, Motorola, and Droid can do it seconds without any hacking skills at all. IPhone can't do it. Go figure.

The person who figures out how to hack the IPhone where it will sync ringtones with a PC will be wealthy beyond measure. So, please please share this darkest most evasive secret with me. Just between you and me; how can Itunes ringtones sync from a PC to the IPhone?

Reaction score
Something is still missing

Ringtones are all less than 30 seconds, in M4r format, all boxes a checked in Itunes allowing and requesting sync with IPhone.

All the ringtones show up in ITunes, play fine on the PC, and everything sync just fine...except the ringtones. IPhones cannot change ringtones. I have been using the same ringtone for 4 months. Oh well. In 2 years I can upgrade to a Droid, and then I get a new ringtone.

Reaction score
I deauthorized the computer and all my photos went black when it resync'd. I panicked! I reauthorized and then resync'd again. I got the photos to come back. All the ringtones are listed in ITunes, checked, and authorized. Still, no ringtones sync with the IPhone. There are no ACC or M4a versions of any ringtones on my computer.

The ringtones simply will not sync with the IPhone. 19 months and two weeks I can upgrade to a Droid. Until then, I hope the phone doesn't ring too much.

Reaction score
Maybe try this?

So I'm just gonna throw it out there for ppl who are still having this problem and haven't yet tried this 'solution' out. After converting your files to .m4r file and deleting the file from your itunes folder, try entering the your selected ringtones into your ITUNES ringtone folder before your iPhone ringtones folder. And then adding it into your iPhone one.

Hope it helps anybody :/

Reaction score

1. Ensure they are not longer than 40 seconds. If they are, use something (like Fission) to trim them down;

2. Remove all versions EXCEPT the .M4R version from the folder where they are stored;

3. DEselect (uncheck) the "Sync Ringtones" option from within iTunes and then perform a sync. This will remove all of your ringtones; and,

4. REselect (check) the "Sync Ringtones" option in iTunes and perform another sync.

I hope this helps.

Thanx,
Fred

Just wanted to say a big thanks. This worked a treat after tearing my hair out for a couple of days!

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm sane again!

Thank you to everyone who posted solutions in this forum. I'm a recent Blackberry convert & I was ready to say "that's it I am so over this phone!" I needed my own normal (ringing) tones. I'm so glad you popped up in a Google search. This was my 3rd day working on this issue. I had tried everything else but none of it worked. So happy I didn't end up having to tell my husband I wasn't thrilled w/ this phone. So again, thank you :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP | iPhone 13 Pro Max | 45mm Watch | iPad Pro 12.9 | iPad Pro 11
maybe this is one of the things they can change in the latest iPhone. people like custom ringers, but it shouldnt be a task of pulling out one's hair just to get it to the phone.

Reaction score
I agree w/ pcdebb. My husband & I both bought iPhones the same day. We wanted different tones for each. Plus, I like to change mine every now & again. Even getting itunes to accept an id and password for my husbands phone was exceptionally difficult. It kept saying "wrong password," "did you forget your password?" NO!! We just made the password!

Reaction score
WOW :s

just spent a good hour trying to work out how to sync tones to my iPhone 4s 16g from iTunes 10.5.1.42.

Solution:

go to edit, preferences. Tick the box that says 'Tones' under the general tab.

Go to your iPhone once it is plugged into iTunes. If you cannot find the TONES tab up the top of the iPhone, DRAG AND DROP your ringtones into the NORMAL ITUNES TONES NOT THE ONE ON YOUR IPHONE. Then go to your iphone and you will find the tones tab there! then you can choose to sync them, and they show up on your iphone.

Thanks.

Cynephoba.

Reaction score

I hope this helps.

Thanx,
Fred

First off make sure your ringtone is UNDER 30 seconds - i had issues at the 30 sec mark, remade it to 28 seconds and this (above) was my fix - thank you.

Reaction score
hello all

i had the same issue while syncing my iphone to my brand new macbook (used to be a PC user).

After an hour of tinkering and trying some solutions above, i stumbled on a simple fix.

1. delete ALL tones in itunes library.
2. drag and drop tones (.m4r) from original folder in macbook into itunes library.
- it didn't matter if it was longer than 30secs as long as it is under 40secs, it should be ok
3. click tones tab under devices
4. check sync tone (all tones)

and i got back my ringtones, together with the customised settings for my various contacts.

i don't know what went wrong earlier but hope this helps.

good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.