do you have to operate the mac in a completely vertical position?

Reaction score
I am a dj and am hoping to aquire an Imac 20' 2.4ghz

Being able to operate on an angle would allow it to fit in my roadcase, any chance?

Cheers,
Dj Merk

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How steep an angle and which direction? An iMac with built in display is going to be somewhat top heavy even though the display can be adjusted. You can't operate it at certain angles the same way you could a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Speaking of which, since you're a DJ why not purchase a MBP instead?

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
I use a lot of software so I need performance....
but I am not the richest bloke in the world so I'm trying to be cost effective and the resale of an IMAC is far less than an Ibook,
I also like the massive screen and keyboard etc...

it is only for djing so it would only stay in the roadcase with proper padding but also allowing full ventilation and socket access

ideally I'd position the machine on about a 30deg pitch (leaning backwards) so its got a nice viewing angle, it would be fully supported (top included) within my main roadcase

Cheers for the reply mate

Reaction score
Hey, iMac's can be wall mounted so it is possible to take the stand off but it means disassembling the whole machine but with the stand off you can just fit it into a flight case and just use the flight case padding that you can mold your self then you can have it how ever you want. There's a few tutorials from google on how to take the stands off just have a look around for a good one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I suggest a MacBook Pro, or MacBook, then you can upgrade them to 4GB of RAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The iMac tilts back by about 30 degrees anyway. It doesn't have to upright.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.