airport card question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
okay, so i have to apply to law school and LSAC will only let me do applications on a WINDOWS machine so i traded laptops with my girlfriend for the week. one very disturbing thing that i've learned is that websites on her laptop load BLAZINGLY fast, while my powerbook takes at least 3 times longer. i'm not exactly sure what affects the speed of loading webpages, but she has a 2ghz P4, 512MB, 32MB video card, running XP, and using Firefox. i have a 1.25ghz, 512MB, 64MB video card, running panther, and using Safari. she uses a 802.11g card, just like my airport extreme, but i think her D-Link has some speed accelerator or something. in which case i still don't think that would affect the download speed from the net. we also both use 802.11b wireless routers in our respective apartments. no matter which apartment we're in, hers is always faster when loading webpages. any answers?

T

tariq

have you tried any other browsers besides safari? camino, firefox, opera, omniweb? some say safari is quite slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.