Desktop file dragging between iMac and PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
This is something that I can't seem to get a handle on. On my pc, I can go onto my home network in explorer and drag and drop files to any (PC) computer as simple as it gets.

Is there something I'm missing? I just dropped 19 photos into a folder on my desktop, and for the life of me I can't move them to my wife's pc so she can print them. The files are the originals, and are too big to email, and that defeats the purpose anyway... I want the highest quality so I can do the scaling back on the PC.

How do I show other PCs on my home network on my iMac so I can click on them and browse to a shared folder so I can dump these pictures?

Reaction score
I am not sure as I am a Mac newbie, but I know file sharing is very possible between a Mac and PC as we used to do it all the time at my old job. The graphic artists would make something on a Mac and would drop it into a network folder and I would open the folder with a PC to edit and print it. I have no clue how it was done though as it was already set up when I started there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
you can network the mac and pc together, then sharing files is easier. or use a USB thumb drive to swap files between them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
The easiest way is to click on the HD icon on the Mac then open the PC on the left and this will show you the available drives for sharing, then drag the photo folder to the drive you want.

Make sure you have the sharing option ticked on the Windows drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.