using AIM with a Mac notebook please help

Reaction score
i am using aim on macbook and when someone sends me an instant message the dialogue box does not light up like

when i use aim with windows. how do i fix it? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
What do you mean light up? If you downloaded Aim from aim.com, i really wouldnt suggest that you use that, iChat is much better and the icon will bounce when you get a IM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
or AdiumX is also really good.

Aim for mac from aim.com is horrible and hasn't been developed for in many years yet they leave it up. It would be best to get a newly devloped aim client, either adium ichat or one of the many others discussed on the forums. You will find a list if you search for it as well as what people think of each one and who uses what.

Reaction score
lol just use ichat.it works beter then aim...its free...but the downside is that you cant have like webcam chats.

wen you open up ichat it should say something about a ichat acount.put your aol adress in there and do it

thats how i do it

=D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.