-36 error when connecting to server

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm a bit of a novice with MAC's and have only been in the ICT profession for 2 months but any help would be great.
I've recently backed up to an Iomega 1TB hard drive from are MAC OS X server across are network. Now it had no problem connecting first time round when i went to do the backup,
I have now however moved it to are offsite location which is all still connected through fibre optic to are network. We do a windows backup down there every night and is connected in the same way.
But since moving the Iomega (literally about 30mins ago) i get error -36 whenever trying to connect to it. what does this mean? do you think i should wait over the weekend for it to propagate properly??
Thanks in advanced

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 | OS X 10.4.9 | 667 MHz PowerPC G4 | 768 MB SDRAM | ...Keeping it real.... REAL OLD!!!
This error can occur if your Mac OS X 10.4 client is trying to connect to a Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) server that only supports plain text passwords.

Most modern Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) servers use encrypted passwords by default, while some Samba servers might have to be reconfigured.

If you configure your computer to allow connections to Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) servers using plain text passwords, when you attempt to make any connection to such a Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) server, your password will be sent "in the clear". This means that it is possible for someone who is monitoring your connection to see your password. This could lead to someone compromising the Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) server. You should configure your Samba or Windows (SMB/CIFS) servers to exclusively use encrypted passwords.

Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.