Battery life on iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Hey guys I just recently picked up the iphone 3g and of course I love the phone. But I have been disappointed with the battery life. I don't do much talking "basically none during the average day" nor do i use the internet much. I keep wifi, 3g, and bluetooth off, but I do text a good amount. Say 200 in and out a day. Anyways, I can't go a full full day on one charge. What is everyone's experience? I am sure there is another thread on this but I didn't see it. thanks you for input.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
My experience is the the 3G iPhone's battery last about three times longer than the older model.

OP
tdll1313
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Del? "I love the irony of you name" So how long does your battery go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
I use my iPhone A LOT. Maybe 300 Text a day, 4 hours or browsing/EGDE use, but BlueTooth is never on.

My battery last from 6:00 in the morning, 'til 7:00 at night. But sometimes during the day it is plugged into my MacBook, so it reimburses that charge.

~JosephA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
A single charge lasting a full day isn't that bad if you're using a variety of its functions, but if it's draining after just 200 messages, something is wrong.

What are your brightness settings like? Have you calibrated the battery? (completely drain till it turns off, then charge back to full)

Reaction score
Battery life

Hi there,
I think as long as bluetooth is inactive you save up lots of battery life.

OP
tdll1313
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey guys a little update. I went down to the apple store, and had it tested and he said my battery was completely shot! So right then and there it was replaced with a brand new one and today I still have about 3/4 of a battery where at this same time today my phone was basically dead!! I love the apple's store customer service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Make sure that you've updated to version 2.1 (free) - it really helped battery life a lot for my customers.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I get 1 day and 15 hours with a few calls, a lot of mail and SMS and **** load of internet (no via wifi).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
The first time you get the iphone the battery isn't that great, after a few weeks of use it will last longer, but I am glad you were able to replace your battery.

OP
tdll1313
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh so the battery life actually gets better after you use it for a while?? I have never heard that before. Did anyone else find that battery life improved after a couple weeks of usage??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I have the first gen and my battery life is starting to suck.. Might upgrade to a 3G

The more you use the phone obvious the faster the battery will die. If you use it as much as another phone (which is rarely) then you will notice that it last for a while.

But if you play with apps, surf the web, listen to the iPod, etc.. it will die much more faster.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.