Como Drive Question

Reaction score
Hi,
Due to lack of replies to my last post, I have streamlined my question!

I have burnt a Mac format image using my PC via TransMac onto a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc. under TransMac this shows the same contents on the physical disc as the image, but when I insert it into my eMac, it just ejects the drive immediately. Does the Combo Drive in my system only read DVD-ROM, hence the DVD+R I am attempting to use will not work?

If this is the case, is there a firmware update I can do to get the DVD+R working, -it is at Rev 2.05- or will I have to get a Super Drive and install that instead (I am aware this may be a bit of a struggle getting into the eMac!).

Please can someone in the know help me out here?!
Cheers,
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Hi,
Due to lack of replies to my last post, I have streamlined my question!

I have burnt a Mac format image using my PC via TransMac onto a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc ... is there a firmware update I can do to get the DVD+R working, -it is at Rev 2.05- or will I have to get a Super Drive and install that instead (I am aware this may be a bit of a struggle getting into the eMac!).
Please can someone in the know help me out here?!

I don't claim to be "in the know", nor do I know if there is a firmware update for your particular brand of optical drive, but I do note that you're using a DVD+R DL and I think the 'DL' (dual layer) part may be the problem. Use your eMac System Profiler > Disk Burning to determine what types of media it will support.

My eMac doesn't have a combo drive, and unfortunately it doesn't tell me if it will read DL dvds. Yours may do so. If it were me, I would buy a Pioneer external firewire optical drive with capacity to handle both +R, -R, and DL disk media.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 ,1.67 GHz,120 GB hard disk; Slot-Load SuperDrive DVD±RW/CD-RW
If you have a combo drive most likey it your eMac doesn't read DVD+R DL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.