• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Country Are You From?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
I'm from the UK, but have been living in the US for 3 years.

In some ways I'm not your average Brit... I don't complain about the NHS, I actually appreciate the mild weather, love the BBC and I can speak 3 languages.

Having said that, I love football (soccer) and real beer (and the US has some nice surprises there).

which three languages? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Well raised in London, now lived in Cambridgeshire for 2 years but born in Ireland.... A fact? Even though the i.r.a is seen as a disorganised terrorist organisation they actually had enough financial and military backing to defeat most armies in the world :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Lived in... Germany, the UK (England and Scotland, well and Yorkshire.. ;) ) Currently in the US. Don't know where I'll be next, although I think it's time to be an ex-pat again for a while :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
Exactly. I would love to visit Brazil at some point in my life. Plus, the place is friggin huge.
I would love to visit it too. Love to. Visit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4
I was born in South Africa, but I've lived in the UK since I was six months old, and consider myself a Brit. That said, I DO have mixed loyalties sometimes - usually during the rugby or cricket!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Have we ever considered how much of a REAL United Nations we are as a dedicated Mac forum? Sharing ideas, providing help, etc, etc. I wish more contributors would put the home or adopted country in their signature, it's not hard to do. A database of countries represented on this and other Mac forums would make interesting reading. The great majority I'm sure would be from USA, the home of Apple/Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Belgium ...

We prepare the best food in the world & over 200 different types of local beer

3 official languages, 3 governements, ...

Heart of the European Union

Also known as the land of compromises :Blushing:

Come and pay us a visit. Let me know when and I 'll buy you dinner.

Cheers
McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...
Belgium ...

We prepare the best food in the world & over 200 different types of local beer

3 official languages, 3 governements, ...

Heart of the European Union

Also known as the land of compromises :Blushing:

Come and pay us a visit. Let me know when and I 'll buy you dinner.

Cheers
McBie

Belgium IS gorgeous. I'm not too sure about the fried egg dishes, but the people and scenery are just lovely!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
From the UK, living near London. Actually born in Cornwall so am Cornish, a people who still consider themselves separate from the English

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Forgot to add the fact, only country in the world where coca-cola doesn't outsell everything else, here, we love our Irn-Bru

I am from Britain (born in Glasgow) and now live in Japan. On the Irn Bru, I haven't seen it in over 3 years. I will be going to a Scottish festival (yeah they exist) and I will go there and buy a case of Irn-Bru and go home. I can't wait to have sugar and orange in me again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Hello :) I am from The east coast of Canada ( No i'm not a fisherman, but I know quite a few eh?) Nova Scotia to be exact. I like to eat Solomon Gundy, Cod tounges, and drink Keiths beer. I say eh a lot, eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
Well raised in London, now lived in Cambridgeshire for 2 years but born in Ireland.... A fact? Even though the i.r.a is seen as a disorganised terrorist organisation they actually had enough financial and military backing to defeat most armies in the world :D

Interesting - also, I used to work the doors of a nightclub that was the former birthplace of James Connolly who I think in some sort of way is credited as one of the founders of the IRA. In fact, on the door itself I'd be stood less than three feet from a memorial plaque dedicated to him. Just back from a trip to Ireland for the first time last weekend actually... loved it! Was visiting my girlfriend who's from Oola, Co. Limerick :)

I am from Britain (born in Glasgow) and now live in Japan. On the Irn Bru, I haven't seen it in over 3 years. I will be going to a Scottish festival (yeah they exist) and I will go there and buy a case of Irn-Bru and go home. I can't wait to have sugar and orange in me again.

LOL was out drinking lastnight and have had my morning after the night before dose of IrnBru already... don't get hangovers anyway but friends insist its the perfect cure for them! Would love to visit/live in Japan one day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
3 official languages
that is SO cool.

but come to think of it, Brazilian Portuguese is so hard it's equivalent to three languages.

I'd love to be somewhere where both German and French are official languages (even though I know nothing in German, oh, the shame!).

OP
KeithTeeple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I'm from Canada. We do say "Sorry" quite a bit, but most of us don't say "eh" much.

I couldn't agree more. Being a Canadian, we have our habits, and we're determined to make them known to the world.

Reaction score
I'm from New Zealand and I love that I can see the ocean from my couch. However, I'm currently living in London and loving it. NZ will always be home though!

OP
KeithTeeple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I've always wanted to visit New Zealand, I hear the people there are really nice :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
I'm from Singapore.

A really small country just below Malaysia, part of South East Asia, and no, we are not part of China. Formerly a colony of the British Empire but has gained full independence since 1965, so we're really young.

In fact, we're so small that we span only around 700 km2.

You guys just had the F1 race there, the circuit and how everything looked there was simply incredible very very cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
I from mexico, live in the city of Guadalajara
Land of tequila, mariachis and corona ;)
and the spicy mexican fool :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Malaysia,
3 major races,
1 corrupted government
and a whole lot of cheap , selfish people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I've always wanted to visit New Zealand, I hear the people there are really nice :p

Your hearing is excellent! :D Most of us try to be nice at some stage or another. Like Jodester, I live a stone's throw from the sea. Akaroa (means Long Harbour), which is 25 km away, is a very popular tourist spot. Lots of overseas visitors from Jan - April.

I'm happy to be a born/bred NZ'er, but I've also lived in Borneo and the Cook Is. I'd like to visit southern Ireland (Firmoy) and northern Wales (Holywell/Mold), from where my respective grandparents emigrated to NZ.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.