Syncing up cell phone with Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
I have hooked up my cell phone to my Mac and although I can charge my phone I can't open the memory card that is on my phone with Mac. I was under the impression that the Mac usually looked for a program to hook up your cell with the computer? Any help would be great. The cell is a Samsung SCH-U740

Reaction score
That's a feature phone rather than a smartphone, so you might be out of luck. All of the sync software I'm aware of (e.g., Missing Sync) works only with handsets running the BlackBerry, Palm and Windows Mobile OSs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
By sync I should clarify. I would like to be able to access the memory card on the phone via the Mac when I plug the phone into the Mac like I was able to with the PC I used to own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
You could always pick up a card reader.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
To access the card and files on my phone that I had before iPhone I used bluetooth. Don't remember how I set it up but it was like file sharing via bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, Time Capsule...
Yes, if your phone is bluetooth, just go to the upper right of your desk top and select "Set up bluetooth device" - make sure the phone is discoverable first. (in the phone settings). The mac will find it and access it like a drive. Its really easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.