Pages File Format

Reaction score
So I typed up a 3 page assignment in pages (d/l trial version from apple) and when I went to save as there was no option for the file format... so I saved it as is, tried to email it to my email account and It would not let me attach it, I could not even click it... So I made it a zip file attached it, then I could not open the zip file on my pc...

I was hoping to just be able to save the document as a .rtf so it could be opend by any program... any suggestions for a mac newbie?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
easy way until you have had a chance to learn all about pages, select all, copy and paste into a textedit doc, (textedit is on your mac, find using spotlight,) and save as, it will save in rtf for you.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thank's for the quick fix!

But there's certainly a way to do that in Pages isn't there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
On the file tab, choose export, it will give you several options to export as, PDF, Word Doc, RTF, and plain text.
Easy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.