Help! iTunes has lost some music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4ghz
Recently I noticed that my albums that start with "A" are gone! There are a handful that are still there but when I go to play them it gives me a notice that it cannot find the file for that song.

Has this happened to anyone else, if so how do I repair it? Oh and the album info is showing up(song list, cover art...etc.) just not playing.:(

Reaction score
is the cd/file still on your computer? if so go find it and play it from there and itunes should add it automatically. ive had that problem too but usually its just a few songs.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4ghz
Not that I can see. When I go to Finder-Music-iTunes-iTunes Music, the albums start at the "B" albums.

Im assuming they are just gone but im wondering how that could of happened.

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
I have had problems where random songs disappear, although they are still in the iTunes music folder. I had an issue today where a song was displayed as "Track 12". Somehow iTunes didn't recognize it as being part of a particular cd and gave it its own folder. Have you checked for any folders that might have been renamed?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4ghz
I need to do some snooping around to see what I can find.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.