Photo Library..iphoto not working for me

Reaction score
What im looking for is an application so i can just look at all my pics in a given folder and maybe do simple editing without having to go into the picture folders themselves. Iphoto is not bad but the only problem is that it doesn't update the library with new pictures that i have added to my picture folders, so if i take some new pics and put it in my picture folders then try to look at them in Iphoto, they wont be there. Help, or direct me towards a better application. Thank you

OP
Y
Reaction score
**** it no one here works with photos and needs a good library ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT
Simply add your photos to iPhoto library instead of adding them to Pictures Folder!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
As said, don't add photos to your folders, add them through iPhoto app. When you do anything at all to your library in finder, you risk corrupting or otherwise mangling your photos (files). When you import via the app, iPhoto puts the photos where they are supposed to be for iPhoto to find them. For the ones that you have already added manually to folders, drag them out to the desktop and use the import function in iPhoto app to import them properly. Then you can discard the ones on your desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.