The music on my ipod is making strange noises.

Reaction score
Ever since I got my MBP 4 months ago now, I havent been able to sync my ipod to the music in Itunes without it making all kinda of unusual noises and or cutting off, and one incident of a song playing and about halfway trough it would switch and play part of another song, and then go back to he original song. The music plays fine in itunes so I have no idea what the problem is.

Any suggestions?

OP
I
Reaction score
I've asked this at several different places and no replies. anyone have any ideas? or a place to start looking for a problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Do you have all the music on your computer? If you do, then I would reformat the iPod and start again. A friend of mine had a similar problem on an old music drive that he kept, he reformatted it and placed the music back on it and it was fine.

OP
I
Reaction score
see the thing is the ipod is brand new. I just got it a few weeks ago as a replacement that apple could fix my other one. and I have 4 external HDDs, and the music is on one formatted NTSC, and I thought "well maybe its having errors since its a mac formatted ipod and a windows formatted hard drive" so I copied the music to a drive that I formatted to HFS+J and after annihilating my ID3 tags on my mp3s, I fixed them and put them in itunes and tried again, and the same thing, except its not as bad. the noises have almost stopped but I can still hear them, but the main thing is the songs cutting short. and the one song switching to another song in the middle and back to the original song......I dont know what that was all about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.