Anyone use speech commands?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I was bored last night and started fiddlin' around with voice commands before bedtime. I was kind of intrigued by it. I was able to switch to any program installed, close windows, open programs, close programs, etc. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to add new commands or record keystrokes though.

I did some research but didn't find much help. Seems like a lot of people don't really use it. I thought it worked well. I'm hoping to be able to surf firefox by using bookmarks to go to various pages without ever having to use the keyboard and mouse. Not sure if that is entirely possible.

Anyone have any experience with this and have some tips?

Reaction score
I have played around a couple of times with it, but not much really. I did find this link for you though. It shows a video of Firefox being controlled by speech and you can download a zip file of Firefox voice commands.

OP
tkim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
I have played around a couple of times with it, but not much really. I did find this link for you though. It shows a video of Firefox being controlled by speech and you can download a zip file of Firefox voice commands.

Thanks for the link. I did see that earlier when I was doing some research on it. Seems as though people were having problems saving the files in the correct formats in the comments section after the article.

I think I have a better understanding of how to manipulate and create keystrokes. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the video because it's blocked but from the sound of it, it is possible.

I think it would be awesome to sit there and have it listen for a keyword and then give it commands without ever having to touch the computer.

Macbook, Open firefox