Osx Upgrade_why????

• Thread starter christopherlenn
  • Start date
C

christopherlenn

here's a good one:
My system is working great; why even upgrade from 10.2.8 -> 10.3.5?????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/

If those items intrigue you enough that you want to use them then upgrade but otherwise the only real reason is because most new software being developed is being developed for the newer OS's

OP
C

christopherlenn

And you are correct- I did check out that link, and, for right now, the only software that i have (which I haven't installed yet) which REQUIRES 3.5 or higher is Protools LE 6.7, and IT (6.7) doesn't necessarily have anything more that interests me at this time either. The OS 2.8 is working fine, the Protools LE v.6.1 is working fine- I think I'll count my blessings and enjoy this great, STABLE working environment that allows me to create so freely and with such ease!! If it ain't broke why fix it?!?
Thank You For your input!! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I suppose there are also all the "under-the-hood" improvements that might encourage some people to upgrade, but for most users it's probably enough to upgrade every 2nd update (i.e. 10.1 users skip 10.2 and get 10.3, 10.2 owners could skip 10.3 and get 10.4 when it comes out instead)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
true, but performance wise, panther gives new life to any mac, and with all the new features, its so cool. but it is sorta pricy, Ive gone from 9.2.2 straight to 10.2 and on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i went 10.2 to 10.3 just a few days ago really....i like some of the new features and i really like the new finder setup, and esp. expose.

my gf wants to buy a mac because of her watching me use 10.3
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.