Safari Quits Unexpectedly - When trying to download .RAR or .ZIP Files

Reaction score
Hello,

Everytime I try to download a .RAR or .Zip file Safari just Crashes. I can download .PDF files fine. This has only started yesterday. I reset Safari Settings but that did'nt help anything.

Lets say Im trying to download a .RAR form a link to lets say rapidshare. I see the download coming up in the Safari Download Manager 2 seconds later - No more Safari and I receive "The Application Safari quit unexpectedly" Msg.

I had a look around and cant find anyone that experienced this particular issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as at the moment I have been downgraded to my brothers Vista system for RAR and ZIP downloads.

Cheers

Oh system is MBP 2.5 and Safari 3.1.2 (fully updated) and no other software has been installed recently. I use UnRarX and Stuffit for compression.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I use Stufflt only. I guess you should try FireFox for Mac, it's totally better. Link to download

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks,

I have downloaded Firefox and all downloads coming down fine. Still would love to know what happened with Safari though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.