Medialink PS3 issues... anyone know good encoding settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
I bought medialink so I could stream files to the ps3 recently, but I'm having some issues. I am trying to encode my dvd movies in a format that it will like. I would like to just use the straight VOB files, but when you play them on the PS3 through Medialink it doesn't continue to the next file, making that useless. Note that it does however use dolby digital sound playing VOB files.

My next idea was naturally to encode the movies into mp4's or other format that would work with the ps3 but I still want it to use the dolby digital (AC3) sound and not pro logic. I tried encoding in handbrake using h.264 as well as other formats with AC3 sound but when played on the PS3 it says format is not supported. It seems like it might work with all the same settings but with aac sound, but I need ac3.

Any ideas to get this to work?

Reaction score
If the PS3 does indeed play AC3 audio with your VOBs then all you would need is VisualHub (mac)(if you can still find it somewhere) there are other tools if you use windows and make a concatenated VOB using MPEG2 converter and passthrough video and passthrough audio, which will give you 1 VOB of your entire movie.

Laters...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.