Broken screen

Reaction score
ok..
so i have a macbook 13.3 white.. im pretty good with computers/etc..

So i turn on my macbook and the screen is dark.. but surely the macbook is on.. you can see the screen under bright light shined on the screen.
But the screen does not light up.

So i checked- my brightness settings.. then set power settings to normal.. set it to sleep and woke it up. NOPE.

I bought a new screen and installed it properly. NOPE same thing.

I bought a new power 'inverter'.. NOPE same thing

I bought a LVDS cord (chord connecting screen to the logicboard). NO same thing!

So at this point im real close to throwing it as far as i could from the side of the Golden Gate Bridge =/. but i refuse to.

I KNOW THERE IS A SOLUTION AND SOMEONE OUT THERE TO KNOW!

please help, and thank you much.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boy! That's known as shotgun trouble-shooting. :p If you shine a bright light on the screen can you see video? Anything at all? Is the screen backlight OK?

Regards.

OP
Z
Reaction score
ive installed 2 different screens on it.. same thing.. i can see video and everything with a bright light on the screen. but the screen white light never lights up.

Reaction score
tried reinstalling osx? maybe some hardware config is screwed up.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
ive installed 2 different screens on it.. same thing.. i can see video and everything with a bright light on the screen. but the screen white light never lights up.

OK. That eliminates video troubles and the screen. I'm not sure if the backlight is part of the screen assembly or not but it does sound like the tube that lights up the screen is not functioning. Go to www.ifixit.com and take a look at their step by step instructions for replacing the screen assembly. See if the backlight is part of the assembly or not.

Regards.

OP
Z
Reaction score
ive replaced the screen. there is no backlights.. backlights are in the screen sir..

i still need some more help..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.