USB webcam problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 60GB 1GHZ. 4GB iPod Nano.
Okay I just got my eMac in the mail, its running OS X Tiger v4.11 and works great. I wanted to plug in my Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 for iChat, but it didn't work at all. And I don't mean it said "This device is incompatible" I mean it said nothing. I plug it in, and nothing happens. It doesn't even recognize the device.

I've tried downloading Mac-cam and other drivers, but it does no good. I plug in my DV camcorder via firewire and it works just fine, but my quickcam just isn't recognized.

Help, please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
In what Application are you trying to use your webcam?

For example, I only use my Logitech Quickcam Go with Skype, but it doesn't work unless I have the camera connected before I start Skype.

And check this out http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=69289 noting particularly the bit about only one type of driver at a time, and the comment about your model of LT cam further down the page.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 60GB 1GHZ. 4GB iPod Nano.
I'm trying to use it for general use. Stuff like movies, iChat, skype, etc. I'll try the link you gave me and attempt to use the 4000 software (I was able to download it for my 5000 on my PC before).

Thanks!

EDIT:

Nope, it didn't work. I can somewhat see why it would not though, apparently on Logitech's website there aren't any drivers for Mac for my quickcam pro 5000.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.