Boot Camp: Disk Error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello,

I deleted my windows vista partition today, because I wanted to reinstall windows xp, and I figured out how to set how much GB I want in the windows volume. The problem is that when ever it restarts, it stays on just one screen and nothing happens, but it opened the setup once, and then I chose Format as NTFS not (quick), the normal one.

But then I don't know what happened because I went back to watch some TV, then I came back and found it saying, PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD and under it DISK ERROR. Exactly what happened to our fellow forum member a few days ago.

Anyhow I only want to install Windows because my router got screwed today and I had to replace it with the other one I have, it doesn't have WiFi and it only has 1 port. SpeedTouch 510, I don't have the installation CD but when I plug it in and open Internet Explorer or FireFox for instance, it gets me to the configuration website, which I download their .exe program and then run that program, press Configure, 3 seconds later the internet gets configured 'n works fine.

At least that's how it is on my sisters' computer which I am using now. So is there ANYWAY possible to make the .exe configuration 800KB simple program to work on Macintosh? Please help!

This is the screen that stays there after the computer restarts, "after I press CONTINUE INSTALLATION on Boot Camp Assistant". Please help and the best way is to tell me how to run the configuration program of my ISP on Macintosh, because it only supports Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.

Thank you very much. I've made my topic into paragraphs so it'd be easier to read.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never mind, I got it all sorted out. Don't ask me how, because all I did was shut down the laptop for three hours until I came back, opened it again, tried to install Windows Vista and it worked, lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Just an FYI- in the future, you don't usually need to actually use the disk that comes with your router (Apple Airpot models excluded). There is usually a web-browser based configuration built into most.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, whenever I plug in the LAN for the first time on any computer, then try to open any web-browser, it gets me to a configuration page, but to save us 'TE-Data' users the effort of manually doing everything, they built a simple program that you have to download and it will automatically configure everything for you. All you have to do is choose which Router and Model you have. The problem is that the program I am talking about is made for windows, ".exe", so I was wondering if there's a solution to run it on Macintosh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.