Choices choices.

I

irishllama

Ok, I really really really really (i could go on fora while) want to get into mac's. There so ... hot. i could say. So this is what i want out of a MOBILE mac. (pb, or ibook)

-Good battery life (MAJOR factor)
-Fast web surfing
-Wireless Internet
-Fast
-DVD's (this is a biggie)
-Able to right term papers (2nd biggie)

So what do you recomend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Well, both the iBook and PowerBook are wonderful at all of those listed. So it basically comes down to, how much are you willing to spend,and how large of a screen do you want..

If you decide to go with the powerbook, wait until this coming Tuesday, where they will most likely release updated PowerBooks.

OP
I

irishllama

ApplejustWorks said:
Well, both the iBook and PowerBook are wonderful at all of those listed. So it basically comes down to, how much are you willing to spend,and how large of a screen do you want..

If you decide to go with the powerbook, wait until this coming Tuesday, where they will most likely release updated PowerBooks.

I was thinking of the 12" ibook, with the 700 mb's of ram, and a 60 gig HD, how long would the bat. last, not on the brightest settings. (all these things seperate)
-Watching a DVD
-Listing to music
-Surfing web

Reaction score
irishllama said:
I was thinking of the 12" ibook, with the 700 mb's of ram, and a 60 gig HD, how long would the bat. last, not on the brightest settings. (all these things seperate)
-Watching a DVD
-Listing to music
-Surfing web

Apple says 5 hours battery life, which would probably hold true for listening to music and web surfing, probably be a decent amount less than that while watching a DVD though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
my friend with a 17" powerbook and 12" iBook was able to finish 2 two hour movies in our cabin.. i however was able to play 1 hour on my 15" powerbook. :(

OP
P

pdp

irishllama said:
-Able to right term papers (2nd biggie)

So what do you recomend?

i'd recommend a dictionary or spell check
;) i steal my buddy's pb 17" all the time and the battery seems to run about 2 hours or so. enough to watch a dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I say for battery life, go with an iBook. As far as term papers are concerned, it COMES with AppleWorks, and you can buy Office 2004 for mac Student/Teacher edition for 150 (a rather large discount, since you get 3 licenses, and the full version with ONE license costs 400 dollars).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.