Problems with bluetooth mouse

Reaction score
I have both an Apple Mighty Mouse and a Logitech Bluetooth Laser Travel Mouse and my problem is that everything will be working just fine and then suddenly the mouse becomes non-functional. It doesn't happen every time I use the computer, it's not related to how long the computer has been on, and it doesn't matter which mouse I happen to be using. Nor have I been able to find any obvious trigger. I try to reconnect the mouse but the system can't find it. In the System Profiler, the mouse shows up as paired but not connected. When I reboot the machine (power cycling not necessary) the mouse connects just fine as if there was no problm at all.

My machine is a 15" MacBook Pro running Leopard and the software is fully up to date. Since all I have to do is reboot and not power cycle, I'm assuming that thi is a software rather than a hardware problem. Has anyone else seen this same problem or have any idea as to how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks,
Rob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.