Leopard won't burn my DVDs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Book G4 10.5.5
I have just upgraded to Leopard today on my PowerBook G4 1.5GHz, 1.25GB. Have not tried it out fully yet but my first impression is it seems to be slower than when I was on Tiger? Is it just me or can that happen on a G4? Sure my PowerBook is fast enough for the Leopard... Also when I burn a DVD, it can burn but when it gets to the end of the verifying stage, it says the disc cannot be verified... I tried 3 DVDs, the same probs. I then tried a CD, no probs. I then tried using Toast 9 with a DVD, no probs too. So any idea why Leopard won't verify my DVDs? They are DVD-. I certainly don't want to having to reinstall everything again...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Add more memory to the G4. Leopard is larger than Tiger and needs more memory for best performance.

As for the DVD problem, I've not had much luck with DVD-R media. Try DVD+R instead and see if they verify correctly.

Regards.

Reaction score
If it is the 12" Powerbook then he already has the maximum amount of RAM installed. I have the same one and yes it is slower under Leopard than it was with Tiger.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Book G4 10.5.5
Yeah, it is a 12" PowerBook and it's the max capacity I can get unfortunately. So is it worth of downgrading back to Tiger then? As I said I have not tried everything yet, I mainly use CS3 apps and my friend, the real Mac head keeps saying CS3 works better on Leopard and faster..... any comments?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.