Help - computer won't recognize Samsung ML-1430 drivers

Reaction score
I always had problems printing on my laptop with Leopard so I was using an old iMac to print. Today, this stopped working, the pages kept spooling and then I got an idle message.

In trying to connect to my laptop, got same errors so I removed the printer. I downloaded several drivers and am trying to add the printer but the computer does not recognize it when I go to system preferences/add printer and only gives me 4 options for computers. (I know this computer has many more drivers installed than these 4)

Help please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is the system showing you that the Gutenprint 5.1.3 driver is available? If so, use that and you should have no problem. Your Samsung laserjet should work fine with that driver. No need for separate drivers from Samsung.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
No, system does not show this driver (I have downloaded several drivers and system shows none of them!)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's strange. The Gutenprint 5.1.3 driver is already installed in OS X and should be available. Can you see your printer when you go to System Preferences, Print & Fax?

OK. I just checked with the open printing for OS X web site and looked for your printer. The Samsung ML-1430 is not supported, however, later models of the Samsung laser printers are.

You might be better off purchasing an inexpensive laser printer that works with OS X such as the HP series 1012. Save the Samsung for Windows printing where there are drivers. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.