A bit of a puzzle to me...

Reaction score
Mac won't Turn on

Ok can anyone help me with this problem thats occurred today, i am baffled by it!

I have a late 2007 imac , which was turned on in another room earlier on, when the house's power trip switch went and all the electrical sockets in the house died.

I reset the switch and everythings fine, except my mac wont turn on now. It simply won't do anything at all. I've checked the fuse, which is fine, and it was plugged into a surge protector aswell......and the other things plugged into the same surge protector are all fine too....

Help? I'm so baffled! I think i'm going to have to take it into Apple and get them to look at it, but just wondered if anyone else has seen this problem before?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me

Reaction score
There's a procedure on the Apple support site that addresses something like this. If I recall, you unplug everything from your Mac, including the power cord. Wait 5 minutes, plug is all back in, and turn it on. I had a similar issue to yours, but before I could try this procedure, my wife fixed it by again turning off the surge protector and turning it back on. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.