slow browser- other same computer much faster

Reaction score
I posted this yesterday but can't find the post. And no one responded, so.. I will try again. I have macbook, 10.4.11 This seems to be a problem that has happened over time so I was not aware of the problem. Then the other day my friend came over with the same macbook - got onto my airport connection and his browser pages flew by without hesitation. That is when I knew that I had a problem. Browser pages take forever to load. I have used disk utilities and all that except for antivirus. I use mostly firefox and sometimes safari. Safari seems a bit faster but nothing significant. This problem is only internet related- I have no problems using my music apps., etc. I would appreciated any advice.Otherwise I'm just thinking of installing leopard but don't want new problems now either...any thoughts? thanks peoples!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Have you used Activity Monitor to see if anything might be hogging a lot of your RAM and/or CPU? Also, how full is your hard drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.