• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Mpeg Streamclip - No Sound

Reaction score
I use an Archos AV 500 Mobile DVR to record pictures from a camcorder. It records in AVI format, so before editing it in FCP, I convert it into a Quicktime file using Mpeg Streamclip.

This usually works fine, but for some reason every time I try and do it now, the pictures convert fine, but I don't get any sound.

I am using the Apple DV PAL setting, but leaving everything else as is. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is there a better setting for editing in FCP which doesn't result in hours of rendering on the time line?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 250G HD 4G RAM-iBook G4 14" 1.42Ghz 1.5G RAM-iPod Nano 4G-iPod Classic 120G
Im having the same problem converting avi to mp4 for my ipod. it worked fine then all of a sudden stopped extracting audio, even in the preview too.
if i find the solution ill post it here asap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz 250G HD 4G RAM-iBook G4 14" 1.42Ghz 1.5G RAM-iPod Nano 4G-iPod Classic 120G
Hi, after a little more searching, i found another forum, and some guy had posted a solution. http://perian.org/#download

its a simple add-on for quicktime, follow the steps and then open quicktime, and at the moment its working for me!

(taking a looooong time though, so patience is a neccessity!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.