Powerpoint viewer for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Hi,
I am having trouble finding the right version of Powerpoint Viewer for Mac. The last one I downloaded from the MS site said it couldn't open the program in DOS mode. ?

Any clues on this?
Cheers LL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I would recommend just using NeoOffice, an open source alternative to Microsoft Office. Of course, if you're using Leopard, Quicklook should let you view the contents of a Powerpoint file without needing to download anything. You can open the document in Quicklook by selecting it in the Finder and pressing the space bar.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi,
I am having trouble finding the right version of Powerpoint Viewer for Mac. The last one I downloaded from the MS site said it couldn't open the program in DOS mode. ?

Any clues on this?
Cheers LL

You downloaded the Windows version of the PP Viewer. I don't know if MS even provides a PP Viewer for OS X. (at least I couldn't find one) You may be able to partially view a Powerpoint file by using the Preview App that comes with Leopard.

If you need an Office Suite, NeoOffice for OS X which is free will give you the ability to not only view PP files but also to edit and create them. But if you don't need a complete Office Suite, NeoOffice will be overkill.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You people are right, there hasn't been a PowerPoint viewer for mac since OS9 I think

Reaction score
Louishen is apparently correct. I am able to run the free downloadable PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft Office 98 under Classic on my PPC G5 (running Mac OS X 10.4.11). It will play Windows-generated PowerPoint slide shows where my OfficeMac 2004's PowerPoint v 11.5.1 will not always do so. I receive PPT and PPS files over e-mail frequently, and a few of these give me the "spinning rainbow of death" when opened with my regular PowerPoint under Mac OS X. These few will play under the Classic PPT viewer, FWIW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.