advice for Western Digital hard drive

Reaction score
hi
do you think this is a good and reliable hard drive to work with Leopard on MBP:
Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II 1TB Mac
Win Firewire / Firewire 800 USB2 eSATA. I have choose it caz it has Dual-Drive Storage System with RAID 2 TB, Quad Interface .Its for working with big images and .avi files.

Because I dont really understand from hard drives,could you please tell me if this is a good and reliable hard drive?

thanks

Reaction score
I have the 500gb WD Studio. It seems to run fine. The only problem is usually it wont run both firewire's 800/400 at the same time. That just comes in play for video editing.

But I might suggest getting two 500gb's rather than 1tb. That way you could use one for backup and the other for your personal. Then if one goes you dont lose everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.
The company I used to work for were platinum partners with WD, imho the best drives you can buy, we never had one return.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.