My MBP just shocked me!

Reaction score
i dropped my mbp the other day, i tripped and hit my backpack on the ground. to my surprise it dented (i had it in my backpack, and inside the incase softcase) so on the bottom right corner right above the cd drive a piece of metal bulges out. its not that big of a deal and hardly noticable but i seen some dirt in it today so i went down to blow in it. when i did i got a sort of zap on my lip when it touched my computer. it was very subtle but i put my lip there again and it zapped it again. has this been reported before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hmm, I guess you should pay Apple a visit if your MBP is still under warranty. Sorry if I'm not very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Have you tried putting your lip on a toaster? Baring in mind it is a mental-cased electronic device connected to mains electricity I wouldn't be rubbing my face on it... If it's subtle it could just be static and nothing to do with the power supply etc. Apple doesn't cover accidental damage such as drops and spillages.

Reaction score
If the inside of your bag (and the softcase) is fabric (as opposed to nylon/leather) and you put your MBP in it often, it was most likely static and not an actual shock.

But maybe try again with the power cord plugged in and plugged off, if it only happens plugged in, then there's definately something there and should be looked at

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's not like this has never happened before...actually quite common. >_<" Nothing is wrong with your MBP, it's what you did to it..or you specifically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.