Blank white screen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP: 2.53GHz Intel Core 2, 4GB DDR3, OS 10.6.8
Ok so i was having this wierd little problem with my browsers, so i decided to run onyx and clean out the system and hope maybe it would fix it..

I did something, i believe choose to clear the caches, and it prompted me to restart, i did, and the computer just got to a blank white screen and didn't go anywhere, the fans/harddrive aren't running..

I manually restarted it, held the power button and then turned it back on, it made the start up chime, got to the white screen and stopped again.. and it's just frozen there..

i'm like loosing my mind here this computer is all i got i'm a broke college student and i can't get by without it / afford anything else.

it's less than two years old, 2.16ghz intel 2gb ram 500gb HDD

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried booting the machine with your recovery - installation disk? If so, what happens?

Regards.

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
can't find the disk but it still isn't working, it's been a few hours and i've tried a few times. i'm really loosing it.

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so i just started it up and it took much longer than normal to start, but it did start. weird. anyone have any idea what this could have been..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If all is well go to Disk Utility and run Repair Permissions and find that install disk. It is a vitally important tool.

OP
y0itsj0hn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i repaired permissions as soon as i got the thing back up and running because i read to do that somewhere else also.. but what exactly does that do?

also, you think i should just uninstall onyx assuming maybe it caused the problem? the comp never crashed in almost two years before this. VERY depressing day, since my next machine won't be coming for years from now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.