Suggestions for (clear) MacBook Case

Reaction score
Hi! I just bought my first Mac about 3 weeks ago. I purchased one of the MacBooks. I love the look of the laptop, however, I would like to protect it & keep it looking that way as long as possible. I won't be transporting it other than around my home, but I'd still like to keep it clean.

I've been contemplating buying the Incase for it, but I've been reading both positive, and negative reviews (dust getting in, scratching it, etc), as well as reviews suggesting alternative clear plastic hard shells. Also, I've been considering looking into a silicone type case...but became concerned with over heating.

For those of you who have your Mac in a case of some sort, could you please let me know how it's working out for you?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/ 2.4Ghz /2 GB and iPod Nano 1stG
Hey, I recently bought last week a incase case for my MBP and I do got to say it works really well. It very nice and fit tight. It does add a bit of more weight to it but its very minimal and it does not bother me at all. I havent really noticed about dust collecting in since I recently bought it but I gave it a really good clean before put it on so I think its fine for a while. I do reccommend the case, oh and it doesnt really make a difference heat wise at the bottom. It actually feels a bit better.
hope that helps.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks! I've been reading that those who do have the incase give everything a good cleaning before putting the case on. I'm still very much considering it. However, I just can't get past the cost of it, especially for (what seems to me) two pieces of plastic.

But if people are happy with it, it's got to work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Thanks! I've been reading that those who do have the incase give everything a good cleaning before putting the case on. I'm still very much considering it. However, I just can't get past the cost of it, especially for (what seems to me) two pieces of plastic.

But if people are happy with it, it's got to work!

Personally, I bought a techshell:

http://techshell.biz/13macbook.html

I got the clear one from amazon for around $40 I think. I'm pretty happy with it. Does make it heavier but worth it since have a black macbook.

Really easy to take on and off. Had mine for about a month 1/2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Invisible Shield is the best solution IMO. I've got one on my Black MacBook, MacBook Air and iPhone 3G.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Invisible Shield is the best solution IMO. I've got one on my Black MacBook, MacBook Air and iPhone 3G.

I second that. Doesn't make your MB overheat and it's invisible can't even tell I have anything on my Macbook or iTouch. ^-^" Not to mention it's scratch proof.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.