CD burning?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Hey guys, i've been playing around with my Mac but can't seem to find the solution :(

I have a cd full of mp3's that I keep constantly updating when i find new music I like.. I know in windows when I wanted to add new songs to my cd I only had to drag the songs to the cd's folder, click on burn and in a matter of moments i'd have the new songs on my mp3 cd.

I tried it with my mac but it tells me the folder cannot be modified :( So i was wondering if there's a different way to do it in Mac or do i need to download something?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
OP
ChrisMBP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh wow.. that kinda sucks. Lol funny, not having the little things like MS Paint and now this are more frustrating than I thought it would be :(

Thanks for your help man

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
ChrisMBP:

Burning in OS X does have a built in capability to multi-session burn to a CD but not to a DVD. In Windows you probably formatted the CD and afterward could drag and drop until it was full.

Read the following Apple knowledge base article and you'll see that you can essentially do the same thing with your Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2445

Regards.

OP
ChrisMBP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alright, I'll give it a read

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.