Software update

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm a new Mac user, i found it amazing OS. But i got a problem in updating the software..
after downloading the software updates, not yet complete( 480MB of 608MB)
m mac book required to restart, when restart it started to configure the updates but it took very long time (more than 8 hours) and the progress bar still showing less than 5% done.
my question is: have I got a problem or is it normal for the first update?
thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to the Apple website and download only the combo updater.

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...mboupdate.html

It will appear in the Downloads folder, and drag to the desktop.

Disable antivirus, if any, and unplug peripherals other than keyboard and mouse. Run repair Permissions. Double click the update box icon and let it run. When finished the machine will reboot. Let it take its own good time and go and have a cup of coffee.

Should probably reboot twice, pause for thirty seconds or so on the blue screen of death and then X.5.5 will come up. Again run Repair Permissions.

And use the power mains supply and not the battery during all updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you have problems sure. Personally never use Software Update just download from the Apple web site as described. Try Software Update from System Preferences and see if they work if that seems easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.