Blank Blue Screen

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook that is about a year old. It was on the other day and it flashed up with the auto updates - I pressed yes to update them.
After it was completed I turned it off....
Now when I have turned it back on it starts to load up, stops and just shows a blank blue screen, i can see the cursor but nothing else..... I have tried to boot it into safe mode - which takes it to a black screen asking for a darwin/bsd login and password?
I dont know where to get this login info - also it will not let me type a password in?

I have seen other threads suggesting re-installing the OS..... Annoyingly I already have a CD in the drive which I can't get out because my computer wont load!

I am tearing my hair out with stress! Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in Advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
booting up with the mouse button held down usually will eject the cd. sounds like something didnt go well with the updates.

boot up from the osx install cd and run disk utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
sounds like you need to delete files from the hard drive also... burn to cd, dvd, or backup to an external hard disk.

you don't ever want to fill a hard disk up, cause as you can tell it causes problems. :)

here's a link for troubleshooting osx.

link2

OP
M
Reaction score
OK - thanks for your advice, i managed to get the cd out by holding the mouse pad down.

Any ideas on what to do now about getting the os to load and getting past the blue screen?
I really dont want to take it to get repaired as i know it will cost me quite a bit of money. But I don't think I have a choice?!

Thanks Again :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.