Inserting Images from Local hard drive into html in PHP Site

Reaction score
Hi,

New to this site and also new to website building. Was hoping someone could tell me how to insert an image from my local drive on a php based site using html with my mac. I've used the html tag, I've used terminal to verify the image location, I've asked other mac users, I've tried dragging and dropping my image after typing the html tag, etc..... I'm totally at a loss and couldn't find any information by searching the forums. Please help!!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If what you want is to create a link on a remote page that links back to an image at a random location on your computer, then no, you can't do that.

The best you could do is to set up the web server on your computer and place the files in the path seen by the internal web server. Then on the external web server link to your box with an appropriate URL. You'll need a full time IP or dynamic IP service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.